Home > Entertainment, G - General Audience, Odd & Mysterious, People > Top Reasons that Jim Morrison, singer for The Doors, is ALIVE

Top Reasons that Jim Morrison, singer for The Doors, is ALIVE

Jim Morrison

Is Jim Morrison still alive?

Like Elvis Tupac and now even MJ, the mysterious death of poetic rock-star Jim Morrison has had many fans seeking conspiracy theories, listening to song lyrics for hidden clues and messages and even spotting him all over the world from a bum in Paris to a suit and tie banker in Louisiana. Even horror master Stephen King reports picking up a hitchhiker in Texas he swears was Jim Morrison.

The official account of Morrison’s death suggests that his lover, Pam Courson, awoke to find a deceased Jim Morrison in the tub of their Paris apartment, having died of heart failure at 27. Nothing too out of the ordinary compared to other rock star that lived fast and died young. So why is Jim alive and not Elvis?

1. Jim Had Motive –

Jim Morrison's Mug Shot

Jim Morrison’s Mug Shot

a) Like many rock stars, Jim Morrison didn’t care for fame. It was a fun ride, but he was ready to get off.  He reportedly despised the fact that the industry turned his poetry into pop that teen-aged girls screamed and fainted to.

b) Too many kids to count. Jim had no less than 20 paternity suits pending against him at his time of death.  That’s quite a weight to carry.

c) Jail. That’s right, Jim was just sentenced to six months hard labor at Dade County jail for an exposure conviction and sixty days hard labor for a profanity charge. In addition, Jim was to be put on probation (which would include drug testing and regular check-ins), after the jail term was completed, for two years and four months. When Jim died, his lawyers were appealing this sentencing.

2. Jim Spoke About It -

Jim Morrison

Yep, maybe it was drunken banter or maybe it was kidding or the square, but sarcasm or not, most that knew Jim, had at one time or another, heard him talk about faking his own death.

Jim was in love with the story of Arthur Rimbaud, a french poet. Who, at the age of 19 became overwhelmed by his fame, staged his death and escaped to Africa. Jim told Robby Krieger that 20 years after his death to expect a phone call from Mr. Mojo Risen.

3. Seen at the Scene of the Crime -

Jim with his “cosmic mate” Pamela Courson

Jim hand picked his cemetery and plot and reportedly spent quite a bit of time at Pere’ La Chaise in weeks leading up to his death. He was even spotted at the cemetery just 7 days before he was buried there.

4. No Evidence -

As far as we can tell, the only person to have seen Jim’s corpse was Pam Couron. There is no police reports, emergency call logs, medical examiner logs, reports or records and no autopsy was ever performed.

Pam suggests that she couldn’t remember the Dr who declared him deceased and signed the death certificate. Upon inspection of the certificate itself, it was discovered that the  signature is that of a Dr. Vassile, not surprisingly, there is no record of a Dr. by this name practicing in Paris.

By the time Doors manager, Bill Siddons, arrived at Jim and Pam’s apartment, the corpse was in a coffin and sealed shut. (Which is strange in itself. I’ve never heard of coffins with corpses staying in your home)

5. Three Day Blackout -

The remaining Doors

Jim’s death was not only kept secret, but denied by both Pam and Siddons. James Douglas Morrison died July 3rd 1971 but nobody was notified, including news, fellow band mates, The Doors, close friends, the US Embassy, not even Jim’s family was notified until July 6th, when Courson notified the U.S. Embassy by submitting Jim’s certificate of death and listing him as having no living relatives.

6. The funeral -

The grave of James Douglas Morrison

…or lack of one. Courson purchased a thirty-year lease on a double plot at Pere Lachaise Cemetery.  She paid a total of approximately two hundred dollars for a pine casket – the cheapest the cemetery had available.

On July 7th, his coffin was lowered into a grave at Pere’ La Chaise at a short, quiet funeral with a reported 5 in attendance with no clergy.  Neither Morrison’s family, friends, orband were contacted.

7. Notable Sightings -

Claims to be Jim Morrison living in Oregon

a) Walt Fleischer, a bank teller at Bank of America in San Fransisco says a man resembling Jim Morrison completed bank transaction, in the singers name, AFTER his death. Walt commented that he can’t be positive it was Jim as he never IDed him. Having dealt with Jim in the past, and having his ID on file, it wasn’t common practice to ID customers they were familiar with, especially rock stars that were easy for them to remember and identify.

b) Paris Airport – There were numerous reports and rumors floating around Paris that Jim and Pam were spotted saying goodbye to one another at a Paris airport where Jim was seen boarding a plane. These sightings took place the day before Jim’s death.

c) I guess I should mention the weirdo in Oregon that claims to selling a Morrison DVD to raise money for a movie he’s cast Jim in.If you think this joker has any creditability at all, look around and see if you can find one of his interviews.

d) Jim’s Ghost! A Doors fan visiting Jim’s grave in Paris took this snapshot with what some believe to be the late Jim Morrison’s ghost (apparently simulating his most famous photo shoot) floating in the background. I’m not much for ghosts, but it’s still a neat shot.

Morrison’s ghost

So where is Jim Morrison today? In his joking, he mentioned he would escape to Africa or perhaps change his lifestyle altogether and wear a suit and tie, work as a bank teller somewhere like Louisiana or just disappear into the mountains.

From what I’ve read about Jim, if he’s alive, I imagine he’s still in Paris. He seemed to be happiest there. Personally I don’t know if Jim’s alive or dead today, but I’m on the side that says if you dig up his shallow grave, you won’t find anything but maybe a bag of sand. I may be a bit biased, but I like to think that Jim actually pulled it off.

Don’t miss a single list! Subscribe to List Oracle by either clicking the RSS Feed at the top right hand of this page or entering your email list just below it.

If you enjoyed this list, share it! Click one of the share links below, and don’t forget to leave your thought in the comment section.

About these ads
  1. May 2, 2012 at 7:59 am

where’s the best place for a leaf to hide? in the forest.

Faking your own death at the height of your career, then playing in cover bands in small clubs the rest of your life sounds good to me – no pressure to do anything new or stay fresh, and you always have an audience to try out your poetry on.

2. Mr.Mojo Risin
    March 17, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Man, this is soo interesting. This article is very persuasive. I think they should just dig that grave up to see if he’s really dead or not, unless Jim is alive and he’s payed the cemetery not allowing that. You never know, he was a clever man. I miss him, I miss The Doors, the good ol’ days.

3. magdalene
    March 30, 2013 at 4:32 am

I would really want to believe this – In my opinion, Jim really was more a poet than a singer – He would have enjoyed living quite anonymously in the streets of Paris, maybe very modestly – Writing his poetry, maybe with another name. – I’ve visited Pere LaChaise once; it’s a beautiful cemetery and certanly something that appealed to Jim; no wonder “he chose” to rest there; if others would have decided, would they have guessed he’d want to be buried there ? Did he ever talk about it ? – A small note: Arthur Rimbaud finished writing poetry when he was 20, lived in Paris few years after that and then left to North Africa. He did not fake his death.

4. Moonstone Gluterhouse
    September 26, 2013 at 1:34 pm

I know someone who is speaking to the man claiming to be Jim. he took a recent HIGH res photo of his face and he does have Jim’s signature mole beside his nose. He also said he was Jim. I am not sure that I believe him, but the guy is out there- owns a ranch- now in rural California. (he moved.) There’s also audio of this guy singing Doors songs out there… sounds identical to Jim. Audio of him talking in between songs… sounds like him. This guy has Jim down to a T, that is no joke.

5. Shiloh Noone
    February 23, 2014 at 8:28 am

I met Jim Morrison in South Africa , he was living next to river in Stilbay. Naturally I didn’t believe him but he had this gold disc of Light My Fire on the wall,I thought it was faked. For two years I quizzed him , he knew the history of the Doors pat off and I could not fault him. he had really bad emphysema. Then one day I cam their with an 8 page long poem and said narrate to me , narrated flawlessly. Nobody but nobody could have remembered that. I went one step further Ray Manzerick was talking at an English university on the life Of Jim. After the talk I sides up to him an gave him a message, Jim said …haleelo . Ray looked back at me and said keep it that way like we all do , for all our sake’s. As he walked away I asked him why …..he was hesitant to reply, almost angry ..he blurted its better that way , at least he’s alive …

6. April 15, 2014 at 6:32 am

Girls will approach you for dances, sometimes as soon as you get in the club.
    Bad strippers usually come & go pretty quickly but inspire more reviewers than
    the charming ones. The allure was too much for me I think; I had no will power back then.

7. natalie
    May 6, 2014 at 12:31 am

Jims grave was exhumed… nothing in it ;)

8. john
    May 7, 2014 at 8:39 pm

would anyone like to see my personal archives of jim morrisons coffin being
    opened ? I have what you want to know.

john f gardetto

9. peaches
    May 26, 2014 at 6:23 pm

yes, John, I’d like to see the personal archives of the coffin being opened.

Comment by Shiloh is utterly fascinating. I absolutely believe it.

Don’t know why this is so interesting to me.

10. LAWoman
    June 8, 2014 at 12:56 am

Jim is eternal. He did expire in 1971 Paris, France. He never prostituted himself within the industry. Everyone else has jumped on the bandwagon making money off his name and music, including his former band mates. So sad.

11. Jase
    July 2, 2014 at 11:08 pm

With DNA testing these days. I wonder why non of the paternity claims have ever been tried. Even if they were all fake the man slept with many and if a chick didn’t know who was the father of her child but had one that resembled JM you would have thought a test would’ve been done by know. Hell I went to school with a guy who looked like him. Maybe his mother shagged him too. Funny he use to do covers of JM at a local pub and had his mannerisms too.

1. November 23, 2010 at 2:25 pm